Thursday, December 13, 2007

Have A Little Talk With Jesus

At this time of year, I thought I'd reflect upon the real meaning of
the season with a little story:


Many times when I am troubled or confused, I find comfort in
sitting in my back yard and having a Jack Daniels on the rocks
along with a quiet conversation with Jesus. Recently, this
happened to me again after a particularly difficult day and I want
to tell you about it.

I said, "Jesus, why do I work so hard?"

And I heard the reply: "Men find many ways to demonstrate the
love they have for their family. You work hard to have a peaceful,
beautiful place for your friends and family to gather."
I said: "I thought that money was the root of all evil."

And the reply was: "No, the LOVE of money is the root of all evil.
Money is a tool; it can be used for good or bad."

I was starting to feel better, but I still had that one burning
question, so I asked it. "Jesus,"; I said, "What is the meaning of
life? Why am I here?"

He replied, "That is a question many men ask. The answer is in
your heart and is different for everyone. I would love to chat with
you some more, Señor, but now, I have to finish your lawn."


;-) Best Wishes,

Brian Hund,
http://brianhund.com
http://brianhund.blogspot.com

No comments: